5 Ultimate RV Destinations for Snowbirds
Whether this is the first time you are an RV travelling snowbird, or you are a seasoned traveller, you will surely want to know about some of the best places to stay.
In the US, the southern states tend to have warmer winter temperatures. Let’s take a look at some highly rated places you may want to consider staying.
Florida has some great RV resorts from which to choose. One of the state’s most highly rated resorts is Naples Motor Coach Resort. The 23-acre resort has 184 RV sites.
Within the resort you can participate in:
- Gatherings such as a fall festival, coffee clutches, meet and greets, and holiday parties.
- A guest exchange library where you can browse through and borrow books that other guests have donated.
- Cabana cookouts.
- Trivia game nights where you can win gift certificates to local restaurants.
- Karaoke nights.
- Naples is packed full of things to do. Some of the local attractions include:
- Golfing on lush, well maintained golf courses.
- Guests have direct access from the resort to the Gulf of Mexico where you can enjoy boating and fishing.
- Guided tour boat cruises through the Everglades.
- Approximately 20 miles of beautiful beaches.
- Prime shopping at Naples’ 5th Avenue South where you’ll find over 70 retail shops, more than 35 restaurants, theaters, and galleries.
- Naples Botanical Gardens features 170 acres of plants and flowers from all over the world.
- You won’t be at a loss for things to do while in Naples!
For more information including resort specials, visit Naples Motor Coach Resort’s website.
Coastal Georgia RV Resort in Brunswick, Georgia is the perfect place for snowbirds who seek a mild climate. With daytime temperatures ranging from the low 60’s to the low 70’s and nighttime lows averaging the mid 40’s to low 50’s (degrees in Fahrenheit), you will be comfortable all winter long.
Within the resort you can enjoy the lake where you can fish, play on paddle boats, or sunbathe.
Local area attractions include:
- Brunswick’s historical sites such as:
- The Old Town National Register District
- The Ritz Theater which was built in 1898. You might be able to catch a show while you are there.
- The Howfyl Plantation Historic Site, which is a 1,200-acre rice plantation.
- Water sports such as boating, fishing, parasailing, snorkeling, and scuba diving.
- You can take a trolley tour around the city.
- Take a day trip to one of the local beaches or islands.
For more information about this ultimate Brunswick, Georgia destination you can visit their website.
If you are looking for an active retirement destination, Bentsen Grove Resort in Mission, Texas is the place for you.
Some of the activities you will find within this active retirement resort include:
- Putting and chipping greens so you can keep up on your golf skills.
- A bike club.
- A motorcycle club for the daring bunch.
- Games including poker and bingo.
- Friday night dances.
- Classes including crafting, exercise, and dance
- For more information on this highly rated snowbird resort, you can visit their website.
When in Mission, Texas you will want to visit the Bensten-Rio Grande Valley State Park where you can take a tour by tram. There’s also the National Butterfly Center where you can view hundreds of different butterflies and birds. For more birds and butterflies, you may want to spend some time at the World Birding Center also in Mission.
What snowbird doesn’t want to spend their winter in the beautiful warmth of the desert? Arizona is a perfect destination for those fleeing brutally cold winters. Good Sam Camping (goodsamcamping.com) has given the Sun Life RV Resort in Mesa, Arizona a 10-star rating across the board.
This RV resort provides snowbirds ages 55 and up, with activities that will keep them busy day and night. Activities include:
- Line dancing lessons
- Water aerobic classes
- Fitness classes
- Jam sessions for you musicians.
- Happy hour where you can relax and get to know your neighbors.
- The list goes on and on.
Mesa is one of the leading golf destinations in the southwest. Golfers can choose from over 40 golf courses within a 30 minute drive. Those who appreciate art will want visit the Mesa Arts Center. History buffs will enjoy the Mesa Historical Museum and the Arizona Museum of Natural History.
For more information about this lively RV resort, you can visit their website.
Snowbirds will find RV resorts up and down the state of California. One of the best, Emerald Desert RV Resort, is located in Palm Desert. Spanning 33 acres this resort has 255 RV sites.
The resort’s chock full of activities. You won’t be at a loss for things to do at the Emerald Desert RV Resort.
Golfers will love the courses in Palm Desert and adjoining Palm Springs. The courses are some of the country’s finest. If you enjoy theatre, you can catch a performance at the McCallum Theatre of the Performing Arts. Palm Desert and Palm Springs have a number of guided tours including a tour of famous people’s homes.
As you can see, there are some excellent RV destinations from the east coast to the west.
Don’t forget to purchase your traveller insurance before hitting the road for the winter. 1Cover offers insurance that is tailored to fit the needs of snowbirds that migrate south. Visit 1Cover’s website to ensure you have the best possible coverage for your ultimate snowbird RV trip.
Recommended For You
Make sure your RV is in tip top shape before your head out on the road.